Yoga means Union…
Body, Mind, and Spirit
There are many different types of yoga. I teach a gentle meditation style of yoga for higher awareness, with a focus on breath, body sensation and listening to the wisdom within. By honoring our bodies, listening to them and being present, our bodies have the amazing capacity to heal.
Yoga has taught me to be more grounded in my body and present in my life. Most of the day, we are so much in our minds, we begin to feel out of balance. Yoga teaches us how to live in the present moment. It is a meditation in motion and mindfulness, it helps increase your awareness and concentration. What you learn on your yoga mat then becomes part of your life.
Being in the present moment, we find Peace.
Benefits of Yoga:
- Increases flexibility
- Improves strength and balance
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves circulation
- Supports mental clarity and concentration
- Relieves anxiety and depression
- Releases chronic pain and tension
- Boosts immune system
- Improves lung capacity
- Invites deep stillness and peace
Are you feeling:
- Disconnected from your body and spirit?
- Stressed, out of balance in your life, yearning to relax and rejuvenate?
- Body pain, muscle ache and tension?
- Depressed and exhausted?
- That you need a practice for preventative health care?
Students in my classes have reported experiencing:
- Improved physical, mental and emotional health
- Laughing more and feeling more joy in their life
- Feeling more peaceful, centered and balanced in body, mind and Spirit
- Relaxing deeply, sleeping better and feeling rejuvenated
- Having more energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved concentration and focus
Things that make my classes unique are:
- Focus on Safety… I teach students how to do the poses and make adjustments to fit their abilities and needs.
- Laughter…it truly is the best medicine. I begin my classes with laughter, which shifts our breathing pattern from upper chest to belly breathing. It improves lung capacity and strengthens the immune system. Laughter relaxes the muscles, relieves pain, lifts depression, improves sleep and muscle tone.
- Affirmations are used to keep the mind focused and connect inwardly to the energy flows created in the poses. Affirmations also connect you to the feelings of love, joy, courage and other Divine qualities.
- Toning to open the chakras (natural energy centers of the body) to facilitate the flow of energy. When the chakras begin to clear and open, you feel more clarity, energy and compassion.
- Sound Therapy with Tibetan singing bowls for vibrational healing and deeper relaxation. This allows peace to permeate your whole being.
- Aromatherapy with pure therapeutic-grade essential oils for calming and relaxing.
- Environment is important for a sense of peace and safety to relax. You will be supported in a nurturing environment as you explore yoga for the first time, feeling safe to be yourself, as you learn and grow at your own pace, honoring where you are in the present moment. Classes are in my home studio with soft, relaxing music and all the supplies are provided.
I hear quite often from others that they have been thinking about Yoga but need to wait until they are in better shape.
I invite you to start now and honor your body. Yoga is not competitive…you learn to go at your own pace and listen to your body. Its not about a perfect pose or how far you can stretch, it’s about feeling what’s happening on the inside…noticing where your body is holding, breathing, relaxing and letting go layer by layer. When you honor who and where you are, and experience the sacred journey within, healing happens and you begin to feel more Peace, Joy and Serenity in your Life.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies within you.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson